The Muse captures the spirit of Lensbaby photography, opening up a new realm of fun in focusing. Squeeze the Muse to focus, and bend your Sweet Spot around the photo.
Like the Composer and the Control Freak, this little baby is compatible with Lensbaby's Optic Swap System, offering artists an almost unlimited variety of looks and styles to capture their unique visions.
Photographers focus the Muse by compressing the lens and move the sweet spot by bending the flexible lens tubing.
The Double Glass optic has a tack sharp sweet spot with minimal diffusion at all aperture settings.
• Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
• Ships with Double Glass Optic installed
• Focus Type: Manual
• Aperture Type: Interchangeable levitating aperture disks
• Aperture: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8
• Minimum Focus with Double Glass Optic: approximately 12” (30 cm) / Maximum Focus: Infinity and beyond
• Size/Weight: 2" (5.08cm) high x 2.5" (6.35cm) wide / 3.7 oz. (104.9g)
Double Glass Optic Specs
• 50 mm focal length
• Low dispersion, high refractive index, multi-coated optical glass doublet
• Shipped with clear plastic storage case
• 1.75" (4.44 cm) x 1.37" (3.5 cm)
• Compatible with the Composer, Muse, Control Freak and Scout
Posted by Jen Dunham on 26th Jul 2013
I just received the Muse a few days ago and it's already my favorite piece of my ever-growing LB collection! For some reason, I find that squeezing the tube to focus feels a lot more organic to me than the traditional focus ring method. I already owned the Sweet 35 & Edge 80 optics and was afraid that changing the aperture discs in the Muse was going to be a pain, but it's so simple that it hasn't bothered me at all. Two thumbs up for the Muse!
Posted by Michael Trombley on 20th Jun 2012
Allows the seeker of light a real opportunity for creativity.
Posted by Nikon User on 29th Dec 2011
Incredible optics and puts a creative ege to every photo, and each lense can fit on so many cameras, plus they aren't that expensive, keep it going lensbaby!!!!
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jun 2011
The muse produces amazing photos and is a lot easier to use than you think.