This refurbished Scout with Fisheye is a fun and affordable manual focus Fisheye SLR camera lens and is available in mounts for all popular SLR camera bodies.
Scout, the first Lensbaby lens that does not bend, comes with the Fisheye Optic installed. It delivers an ultra-wide 12mm focal length capable of capturing a 160 degree angle of view from infinity all the way down to 1/2 inch from the front of the lens. The Fisheye Optic can also create unique flare effects in an image.
The Scout with Fisheye ships with the Fisheye Optic installed, but photographers can use other Lensbaby Optic Swap™ System optics such as Soft Focus, Pinhole/Zone Plate, Double Glass, Single Glass, and Plastic. With Lensbaby’s selective focus optics, (Double Glass, Single Glass, and Plastic) the sweet spot of focus will always be centered in the photo.
The Fisheye Optic features a creative lens flare effect that causes the edge areas that would ordinarily be black to glow with color whenever there are bright light sources in the image. This lens flare effect is particularly apparent when shooting with a full frame camera though it is also apparent when shooting with APS-sized sensors.
The ability to focus one half inch in front of the lens provides an extraordinary way to explore macro photography. Get close enough to a flower to nearly touch it – while capturing the entire garden surrounding it in the frame.
No Further Discounts Will Apply to this Item.
Scout Specs and Features
• Straight in and out manual focusing
• Ships with the Fisheye optic installed
• Smooth manual focus mechanism
• Exceptional build quality
• Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
• Available for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, and Olympus 4/3rds SLR camera lenses.
• Size/Weight: up to 2.28” (5.79cm) high x 2.61” (6.63cm) in diameter/ 8 oz (226.8g)
Fisheye Optic Specs and Features
• Focal Length: 12mm
• 160 degree angle of view
• Focuses from 1/2 inch to infinity
• Creative flare effect fills border around image circle with colors from bright light sources in the photo
• Six multi-coated glass elements
• Maximum aperture of f/4, aperture disks that range from f/5.6 to f/22
• Removable disk aperture system
Scout with Fisheye Optic Box Contents
• Fisheye Optic
• Aperture Kit
• Microfiber Bag